Association dues are a normal part of Association Living. The association collects dues to manage the property, take care of maintenance, and other various things. This list is not all inclusive, and some associations don't charge for some of these items, and some may charge for items not on this list. But these are the most common items that the association covers.
- Professional Management
- Heating (usually condos but not townhouses)
- Air Conditioning (some condos but not townhouses)
- Snow / Lawn Care
- Outside Maintenance
- Hazard Insurance
- Cable TV (only some cover this)
- Water / Sewer
- Building Exterior (decks, siding, exterior painting)
- Security Staff (condos)
- Security System (condos)
- Shared Amenities (workout rooms, pools, party room, etc)
- Parking Space (condos)
As of this writing (2016), Condo Association dues can range from $275 to 500 per month, while townhouses can vary from $175 to $300 per month.
Why Association Dues Vary