Sold Home For Sale Sign in Front of New House
Phase 1: Thinking
Phase 2: Preparing
Phase 3: Marketing/PA
Phase 4: The Closing
The closing is where we sign all the paperwork to transfer the title over to the buyers. . There are a few steps that you should do to prepare for closing.
- Call utilities and schedule the ownership change for water/sewer, garbage, electricity, natural gas, cable, phone
- You should know the location of the closing. This will almost always take place at the Title Company that the buyer chooses.
- Review the Closing Disclosure statement. The CD statement is the “final bill of sale” accounting sheet that pulls together all the financials of the transaction into a 2 or 3 page summary. Make sure the bottom line $ is correct.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Know your SSN if you do not have your SSN card.
At closing, once all the paperwork has been signed, and copies made, you can give all the house keys and garage door openers to the buyer.
Things to bring to the closing:
- Photo ID
- Know your SSN if you do not have your SSN card
- Any receipts or lien waivers for any recent work done
- Keys and garage door openers
- An exciting attitude!